Saturday, January 10, 2015

Confidential Marriage License In Orange County

How do I get a confidential marriage license in Orange County? The Orange County Registrar/Recorder has authorized a small number of notary publics to assist with the issuance of marriage licenses, or you may wish to visit their office. An authorized notary can issue a license to you at your convenience, after hours and weekends in the comfort of your home or office. A license issued by Mobile Marriage License Service is just as legal and binding as if you had appeared before the Registrar/Recorder. What are the requirements for a confidential marriage license?
  • You must be an unmarried couple, age 18 or older that is living together as husband and wife, and you both must appear together in person in front of the Registrar/Recorder or authorized notary issuing the license.
  • You both must possess a valid, non-expired state issued I.D. card, driver's license, or U.S. govt. issued I.D card, passport, military I.D., or Alien Registration Card (formerly known as the “Green Card”) etc. Acceptable identification is one that contains a photograph, date of birth, an issue and expiration date, and may contain a physical description. A birth certificate alone is not valid identification and all documents must be in English.
  • If you have been divorced within the last two (2) years, you must bring a copy of your divorce decree. If the marriage was dissolved more than two years ago, you must know the official date that it was finalized. NOTE: Until the final date of dissolution you are still married and a license and ceremony cannot be completed.
  • If you have been widowed within the last two (2) years, you must bring a copy of the death certificate.
  • You will need to know your mother's maiden name and the state (country, if foreign born) of birth of both your parents.
How long is the license valid for? The marriage license is good for ninety (90) days from the date of issuance and can ONLY be used in the County of issuance. If your license expires before you have your ceremony you will have to purchase a new license. Ideally you should get your license about 1 month prior to your wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment